When you connect the b-mobile USB 3G modem (TechFaith Flying Angel) to a 64-bit Windows 7 computer, it does not seem to be detected / the drivers are not installed automatically. The drivers need to be installed manually after installation of the modem software as shown below.
Summary: Use drivers located in “C:Program Files (x86)b-mobilePocketmodem Connection ManagerInstallDriversdriversQUALCOMTDRV_QUALCOMAWinVistaX64”. This worked in 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium and should work in 32-bit Windows and other Windows 7 versions
Pictorial Installation Guide
- Install Modem Software (SeamlessKeyLauncher.exe in CD drive that shows up when connecting the modem)
- After installation, go into “Device Manager” (Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager in the side bar)
- Find “Qualcomm Configuration” under “Other devices” and “Mobile Connect” under “Ports (COM & LPT)”.
- Right-click > “Properties” > “Update Driver”
- Select “Browse my computer for driver software: Locate and install driver software manually” and then specify “C:Program Files (x86)b-mobilePocketmodem Connection ManagerInstallDriversdriversQUALCOMTDRV_QUALCOMAWinVistaX64” and click next to install the driver
- Ensure that all unknown devices (I believe there are 3) and everything should work now. Connect to the Internet and be happy