Setting up an Icecast Server on an N900
- Root the N900
- Open Terminal
- "sudo gainroot"
- Install icecast via "apt-get install icecast2"
- Search for gstreamer lame plugin: "apt-cache search gstream lame"
- Installer the gstreamer lame plugin: "apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-multiverse" (this may change, just the search results from the previous steps)
- Start the Icecast server with the following command (this combines starting a Icecast server and sending audio via a source client all in one command
"gst-launch pulsesrc ! audioconvert ! lame quality=9 ! shout2send mount=/listen.mp3 port=8000 password=YourPass ip=ServerIP"
You can change the mount, port, password, ip values depending on your setup.
- The Icecast server is now up and running (assuming there are no errors / typos) and this will stream any audio playing from the device.
To stream Radio on your Icecast Server
- Install the FM Radio application from http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/fmradio/
- Open the application and tune into the correct frequency
- Start the Icecast server