The Telbru eSpeed/High-Speed Broadband (HSBB) Internet rates have arrived and price wise they are going in a good direction, quota wise not so much, but here are the facts that you need to know.
- Base monthly rates have been reduced
- Some plans have quotas
- If you exceed the quota you will get throttled but you pay no extra (you will still have an Internet connection, just slower speeds)
- Throttled speeds are “about 20% of the subscribed plan package”
- Extra quota top-ups can be purchased if you exceed your quota which will restore your speed
- Price caps are only for those who purchase multiple extra quota top-ups
- At the switch over, you will get the same speed but at the new reduced monthly price (and quota’s if applicable)
How to check your data usage
- eBill Online: https://www.telbru.com.bn/ebill/
- eBill App: Android | iOS
Notifications can be sent to you via your preferred communication channel (e-mail/text message) when you have used 50%, 80% and 100% of your quota volume
Read more on Telbru’s site
- Is the data metering real time?
- Are both uploads and downloads counted?
- Best effort Internet: which sounds very similar to the eSpeed problems on yesteryear
My bandwidth at home cannot even reach 1Mbps, is there a rebate?
There will be no rebate given on your rental charge or quota. Our broadband service is best effort service. If your average broadband speed is low (approximately one megabit per second or less) we do not recommend you to purchase higher bandwidth or quota packages.