I’ve heard complaints that DST, one of the Brunei mobile telcos, rip people off with regards to charging for data. Let’s see if that’s true.
So I compared Brunei’s cellular data from DST and Progresif Cellular to different telcos in 4 countries
- Singapore: M1, Singtel, Starhub
- Australia: Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, Vaya
- UK: EE/Orange, Vodafone
- USA: AT&T, T-Mobile
And I’ve come up with this spreadsheet.
On a cursory glance, it seems that
- UK has pretty good prices in all data tiers
- we have one of the worst excess data charges
- DST pricing isn’t that great when data usage is under 5GB
- with plans using more than 5GB of data (and especially > 10GB data), DST is actually very good so long as you stay within the quota amount
Hope to do more in-depth look soon