Livelink Errors

So I got the following these 2 errors with Livelink on Monday when trying to save a workflow

  • Upload Error: Upload of Workflow changes failed and was aborted due to a communications error. Your workflow is still unsaved. Sorry.
  • Input Stream Read Error: Failed Input Stream read from localhost because of exception access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission http.strictPostRedirect read)

livelinkErrors

Never had these errors before and after some investigation the problem was…. Firefox! Using Internet Explorer was fine. The strangest thing is that when I create a new workflow in Firefox and save it, there’s no issue, but when I open this particular workflow and make any sort of change it throws those errors (I could even open the workflow, make no changes and save it).

P.S. ScribeFire isn’t uploading images, go figure, so Windows Live Writer to the rescue. Live Writer is feature rich and with a sweet WYSIWYG editor but I rather not open another application just to blog. Simplicity FTW!

P.P.S. I found the problem with ScribeFire: use split-screen mode instead of opening in a new tab. I remembering having an issue with new tab opening and image upload not being there. It’s similar to this:

One thing though I had previously mentioned, the new “Upolad Via API”
option for the image uploader that was included in version 1.3.5 is not
available when the editor is opened in a tab.

Advertisements

Debugging comas

So far today I have run into 3 comas using Visual Studio.NET

  1. Stepping through code and there it goes comatose on one any command (takes a long time for it to finish the task)
  2. Trying to stop debugging but the whole UI is frozen (can’t press the stop button nor use the keyboard shortcut)
  3. Starting a debug session and waiting for debug window to open (debugging ASP.NET project)

At least given time the patient does wake up from the coma but it annoys me. A LOT. But worse is the recurring coma the system has been having is trouble with the Master Browser such that “\\server.ip.address.urls” will not resolve for a looooooooong time resulting in one server not being able to retrieve the data it needs from the other server resulting in Epic fail.

101 Ways To Know Your Software Project Is Doomed

Source
Is it sad that I identify with some of them?


6. Your source code control system is a series of folders on a shared drive

9. You start considering a new job so you don’t have to maintain the application you are building

84. All performance issues are resolved by getting larger machines

100. You have been 90% complete 90% of the time

P.S 1st Flock post because I am lazy to go to the WordPress dashboard. Laziness is good and expect to see more Tumblelog-esque entries

Blogged with Flock

Tags:

Annoyed

Blogging from work great huh? Well more like ranting from work. Spent this week in training learning how to use a system to be integrated in our solution. So everything seems fine and dandy until I start playing with it and finding that my Portable Firefox and IE6 crashes at times. Opera seemed to work okay but had an issue that didn’t allow me to click the “Ok” button on a Java applet that was launched using Javascript that was processing a button press. It only seemed to work nicely on IE7 on the server. The system also required Adobe SVG to display some graphical charts and stuff. Saw that it could display these graphics using Flash so me and my bright ideas was to try download the latest Flash and Java plugins and try switching to Flash as perhaps it was a plugin issue with SVG that cause the crashed. So after updating to the latest Java runtime I find that some of the Java applets are now broken in Opera, FF and IE6 on my computer. Switching to Flash required an Active X control to be run on the server’s IE7. Problem is that IE7 ‘nicely’ informs me that the current IE7 configuration does not allow me to run Active X. Okay so I think to myself just to change the configuration and it’ll be ok. For some reason even on setting to “Low” security and making sure that all the Active X settings are set to enable to run, I still get the Information bar saying that IE7 is restricting me from running Active X control. Man… Gave up after a few tries, so if anybody knows please enlighten me. End rant, back to finding a workaround…..

Sitting outside my office

Right now I’m sitting in my car. Outside the office. Using my laptop. Doing what you may ask, doing work is what I answer. Thank God for wireless that I can still connect to the office router and communicate with the server we are using. They ought to set up a VPN connection or something so I can connect from home. Makes things much easier. Anyway I came back here after church and I saw lights in the office which was a good sign. Try the door and it was locked.

Ok now I’m in the office my colleague was remoting the server and didnt see my message haha. So no more blogging, back to work